1/31/10

How I miss her

My x-husband and I share joint custody of Gracie. (Such a dirty word, "x-husband." I'm still getting used to it. I'm pretty sure it qualifies as a 4-letter word). He's a great father and adores her, for which I'm very grateful. I have Gracie 2 days a week, he has her the other 2 and then we alternate weekends. This basically ends up being a 2 on, 2 off, 5 on, 5 off pattern. Today is the last day of one of my many "5 off" cycles. OH HOW I MISS HER! It's always hard to be without her.

I'm heartbroken that I must technically miss half of her first 18 years, but whatya do? During the divorce I knew it was only right to share my little angel with her father, for her sake, so joint physical and legal custody was the best choice. No, it's not fair... but if life were fair it wouldn't be called "life." (There are worse trials). She is in my heart and I in hers. She knows who her momma is and she knows she is loved. I trust the Lord will fill in the rest.

I thank Him every day for eternal families. I have no doubt that that blessing awaits my little Gracie and I. Perhaps this life isn't fair, but the next life most certainly will be!

UPDATE: I just got home from church, only to find a few comments on how "strong" I am. lol. Thank you, thank you - but I feel kinda silly, really. The intention of this post was simply to say that I miss my little one. Divorce isn't ALL bad... you see... Gracie will grow up with twice the love and twice the gifts. ;)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This post makes me want to cry. I'm grateful that Gracie does have 2 good parents. Love ya Nat!

Trisha said...

You have always been so gracious. Maybe someday I will be more like you. ;) Love you Natty.

Jenni Call said...

You are ah-mazing. I've followed your blog and am amazed at your positive attitude in spite of so many obstacles. To share my kids and only see them half of the time would tear my heart apart. She is adorable! You are doing such a great job. I admire you!

Laura said...

Oh Natalie! How my heart breaks for you! My little ones drive me crazy on many occasions, and yet I can not even begin to imagine what it would be like to live without them. Even for a few days.

You are my hero!

Amanda said...

What a yucky situation to be in. My heart goes out to you!

Stevenson Family said...

Ok, I'm not telling you how strong you are then. But you certainly are GORGEOUS! (So is gracie)

;)

shirley Harris said...

Nat,,you ARE so amazing!!!

Taylor's said...

She is so dang cute and fun - I miss her too when I can't see her!

If you need help with the cake please call - I would absolutely love to help out!

I can't wait to see her birthday pictures! Make sure you put yourself in some of them too - afterall - I think she is looking more and more like you!

You are amazing!