1/26/10

Help in Haiti

A friend of mine just sent a text saying he's going to Haiti - a last minute and very unexpected opportunity. He flies out in 2 days!!! He doesn't know anyone he's going with, and as for safety it's simply a, "I'll watch your back and you watch mine" arrangement with the new friends he'll make. He'll spend 22 days there and will be bringing back 70 orphans when he returns! My heart aches at the thought of sorrow he'll witness, but surely it will be a moving and incredible life-changing experience!

How I wish I could go. Few of us have the luxury to uproot ourselves from "life" and take 22days to serve in Haiti, however - we can all donate - AND WE ALL SHOULD! This has been arranged by the utah hospital task force and the grand measure of it all leaves me in awe! If you have items to donate or questions regarding needed donations please contact them at info@utahhospitaltaskforce.org

To make a donation online, please visit http://healinghandsforhaiti.org and click on the Paypal button. Under "special instructions" on Paypal, REMEMBER to type in that your donation is for the UT Hospital Task Force.

Eat out one less time this week and donate $10. I dare ya.



2 comments:

Harris said...

I have seen a couple of stories like this on the news! It is so awesome to see so many willing to help! Thanks for the reminder for us all! I totally agree! You can also donate at www.lds.org and click on "Humanitarian Services Emergency Response"
LOVE the post below! Gracie is such a cutie!

Amelia said...

Nat, he's probably going with my parents! They leave tomorrow at 5:00 am, I believe. They served a mission in the Dominican Republic, learning French and Creole, and have the Church's preparedness certification, in addition to my dad having experience in disaster relief with the Red Cross, and construction experience. I'm scared for them, not in the least because they are no spring chickens anymore. They will all be in our prayers.