1/7/10

Technology + Me = True Love Forever

Do we not have SO MUCH to be grateful for? It's an amazing time to be alive, and a blessed country to be living in! I often find myself inundated with gratitude, smiling over the little things I enjoy every day. Today has certainly been one of those days. I have so much to be grateful for, but at this particular moment I've chosen to profess my love for technology. :)

So far my day has consisted of the following:
Woke up. (no technology involved). Checked my email in the comfort of my bed - the beauty of laptops. (If my laptop hod not been near I could have used my phone, and usually do). Hopped out of bed and headed to the basement, where I ran on the treadmill while watching a "Timeout for Women" DVD - felt physically and spiritually uplifted. A sensing-strap was across my chest, insuring my heart-rate stayed at my target goal. My phone rang. I answered it. I talked to my mom. Still running. Meanwhile, a little machine was in the other room washing my clothes for me. Wahoo. Done. Stretched. Showered. Running water. HOT water! Got ready for the day. My cheap flat-iron insures I look a little less frumpy. Chilly outside, cranked the heat inside. Hungry - made a shake with my tiny blender in a matter of seconds. Thank goodness for my fridge, keeping the fruit fresh. Turned on my Spanish CD's and "educated" myself while cleaning the house. Oh the joys of a good vacuum. Paid bills. On my laptop - never using one stamp or licking a single envelope. Had questions on my phone. Considered going to the AT&T store but instead just googled it and watched a quick, informative video on YouTube. Learned that I needed a card reader, dreaded going to Walmart to get it. 2 minutes and $3 later, a lucky seller on ebay was shipping me one. Looked at all my bank account balances and insured I'm where I thougth I was. Yep. Ran errands in a reliable car, while continuing to listen to Spanish CD's. Had an insight, paused the CD for a moment to record it on my iphone, which I will later sync to my laptop - where I will transfer it to my online journal. Mmmm... my online journal...



You see! The list goes on and on! Technology touches our lives in ways we don't even notice half the time, and it makes multi-tasking possible at an entirely new level, never before known to man! From the basics of electricity and plumbing to the beauty of useful gadgets that make life "easier" (if we ever actually learn how to USE them). My #1 gadget, without a doubt, would be my iphone. If you don't have one... get one! You can thank me later.

It's a good time to be alive.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to be honest I think that technology is so amazing but can be yet bad.
I'm glad that you are happy!

chelsea said...

hahaha... yes, technology is great. you have lots of fancy things, lucky you

shirley Harris said...

....what a list...what a life...we truly ARE blessed!! Great post.. It makes us all refelct on our blessings of the new year and how we can utilize them to the MAX!!

chelsea said...

and... it sounds like you are doing really well! that is great!

Harris said...

LOVE IT! I would be lost with it!
DId you get those pictures I sent of you and Gracie? If not let me know what address to send them to :)

Harris said...

Hey!! I got on and wrote in my journal today for the first time! yippee! Thanks for getting me started.

Josh and Anna said...

Natalie you are so cute! I didn't even think about the little things like plumbing, electricity and the washing machine that we would be so lost without. Cute post!