1/28/10

A childhood dream


Karate. That's right. I'm doin' it. Mother by day, young grasshopper by night.

Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted to do Karate, and that desire has carried over into my adult years. It's always been on my, "Things to do in my life" list, so I've decided what better time than now? Sure it took me a month to decide (classic Natalie style) but now the decision is made. *sigh of relief*. I hope I'm happy with my choice of instructor and style. Kenpo Karate.

So far I LOVE it! Not only do I love it... but I'm good at it. The instructor enjoys working with me, and I with him. Grabs, kicks, strikes, blocks... bring it! By next week I should be able to hear a grasshopper at my feet.

Kenpo Creed
I come to you with only Karate, my empty hands
I have no weapons
But should I be forced to defend myself, my principles, or my honor
Should it be a matter of life or death; of right or wrong
Then here are my weapons
Karate
My empty hands

Now if there was just enough time in the week to master everything I want to do in life. "Patience, young grasshopper"

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That's terrific! You go girl! How's the half marathon training coming?

Laura said...

Kenpo is awesome!

My husband's friend does it and is really good at it. I think it's cool to watch.

This makes me want to think what my childhood dream was and then pursue it. Way to go!

Sarah said...

Hey! That sounds like so much fun. Bet it's good for the figure too. You're very ambitious. Sorry about this weekend. I've been trying to get all these dumb freezer meals done all week, so that all the $$ isn't wasted. Finally finished! And sorry I keep forgetting to ask how you are doing! I think about that every time I hang up the phone, all I did was talk about me! I love you and think about you all the time. HOPE YOU'RE DOING OKAY!

Barry said...

Rock on, Natalie! You're gonna be a ninja.

shirley Harris said...

so glad you are doing this, as a single mother and as my daughter, Im glad you have the extra protection..Im loving MY self defense class too!!!