10/27/10

Running in Snow

I was surprised and ecstatic over this morning's greeting. FRESH SNOW - and the first of 2010!! I couldn't help but fantasize about carving through fresh powder, and working on my goggle tan but, since that's several weeks away, I decided I'd settle for the next best thing. A run.

I love running in the Summer, but snow invites a new kind of energy, unmatched by any other time of the year. The cold air, the warm sun and the sounds of dripping water guarantee to imbue me with ambition and vitality. No matter the time of year, my running trail leaves me beatified and, frankly, I shrink at the thought of ever moving. This is one of those trails I can't take with me, ya know. lol So, until that time comes, I'm gonna savour running here every chance I get. Spring, Summer, Fall and perhaps even Winter. :)

2 comments:

Lia said...

I love running in the snow! You're right, it's a completely different feel. I love it when the big fluffy stuff is coming down, everything's quiet and beautiful. The only thing you hear is the smack of your feet on the pavement wet with slush! You come home peel the layers off, jump in a warm shower and revel in that cozy warmth!

Unknown said...

Hey don't get married yet. Don't do it it's bad luck right now. Wait until 2013 it's lucky for you that year. Don't believe me. Well do. Just a reminder your always beautiful and your daughter is super cute. Your ex probably too stupid really know what a wonderful family he had. Don't worry he will soon karma is comming for him..