10/1/10

Dungeon to palace. Well... enjoyable, anyway.

It's official. I've finally started remodeling that dungeon I call a basement. I've never liked my basement, and the bland color lends no energy whatsoever. In my marriage I spent several hours a day down there, working beside my x and watching tv with him at night. Now I'd be stretching it to say I've been down there more than 7 hours total over the last year! I don't watch tv, I rarely watch movies, and the best excuse I've found to venture down there is to throw more crap into "storage." Thus, it has become a big storage room.

With winter around the corner, I'll be using the blessed treadmill, so I decided it's time to make my basement a place I enjoy spending time in. These are the color schemes I'm toying with. The shades aren't quite right, but you get the idea. I'm leaning toward the blue and brown. Yeah it's overused... but it's a nice (and drastic) change from the current banal beige. What do you think?



2 comments:

Joe said...

Did you photoshop these photos or actually get that much work done in this short time? I like the blue, but think the cubby in the first photo and the border over the TV area should be blue too. I'll have to come check it out for a real life appraisal, but so far, it looks good!
-Catherine

Anonymous said...

I'm sort of leaning towards the blue/dark blue combo, with brown accents. I think your basement will look fabulous! If you ever want help organizing, you know who to call! ;)