10/26/10

The little joys of motherhood!

I'm not sure a child has ever loved binkies as much as my child. She ALWAYS has at-least one in her mouth and one in her hand - sometimes three or four. I'll take her binkie from her and, without skipping a beat, she'll immediately pop a new one in her mouth, which she'd been hiding in her other hand. Although this makes me giggle, it's a habit I need to break her of... so when I find a way to distract her from her binkies, I take it.


Today she started a new game. Put the binkie down mommy's shirt. Not entirely appropriate, but it served for a great distraction! She was enthralled for a few short minutes, and giggled as she put her 3 favorites in her new found hiding place. Moments later the game had gotten old, and she moved on to the next best thing. The day continued. I fed her, played with her and cuddled her before nap time. As I was cleaning my house, JUST NOW, I noticed a nagging itch on my chest. I went to scratch it, only to discover a yellow binkie still hiding down my shirt. I laughed out loud and found myself delighted over the discovery.

I am SO a mom! I had no idea sticky doorknobs, crayon-covered walls and snot on my left shoulder could be so fulfilling! I wouldn't have it any other way!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny. Love that picture of her too.

Taylor's said...

She cracks me up! I have to say Kate and her are tied when it comes to the love of the binky!

Thankfully, Jeff broke Kate of it!

Shae said...

so cute! she is growing up so fast! Mercedes was pretty attached to hers, too, (although, we only let her have it at nap time, bedtime, and at church)...but amazingly enough when it was time for it to go (on her 2nd b-day--not nice, i know!)...she did fabulous, and we didn't have much screaming! lol

Janelle said...

you may just have to move that is how we got Ryan off of his! He was an addict but when we moved to our new house we told him that there were no binkies here and he just accepted it! He was 2 1/2 however so that made it easier!