5/13/10

A Mother's Day Surprise

I just checked my mail for the first time in days, and was surprised to find a Mother's Day card from an anonymous source. (Although his handwriting is so distinct he could never be considered anonymous). I don't know if he reads this blog, or if he would mind my sharing... but it was the most beautiful gift I could have ever asked for, and the cause of many tears.

How blessed I am to have great people in my life! Last Mother's Day I was not given a gift. This Mother's Day made up for it.


My first Mother's Day card from "Gracie"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mother -

I know many times you have been concerned about my well being and development. You have fretted and stressed about making the right decisions in your life so as to insure that mine would be one of privilege and promise. You have sacrificed, gone without, and lived each day so as to offer me an environment of growth and love.

I know you wondered if I would recognize the love and effort you have poured into my life since that first moment you held me in your arms. You accepted any sacrifice and hardship, but wondered if I would feel and know of the intense and tender love you have for me. Mom, I want to say this to you now - so that you know I appreciate EVERYTHING you have done. I could not ask for a better guide, friend, and mother. You have touched me in a way you can't imagine . I will never forget what you have done or what you are to me.

Forever yours

Your Gracie.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a nice thought from someone.. I'm sure Gracie does feel all those things and is thankful for all that you do for her!

Lia said...

Very nice!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

So CUTE... Hope that you had a FABULOUS Mothers day!

Unknown said...

I cannot wait for an update here!!!