5/13/10

A work in progress

In March I started a remodel of my home, and worked like crazy for 3 weeks. I lived in my paint-clothes and went days without showering. (So what!? I was a freakin' machine). I planned on posting "after" pictures long ago, but keep putting it off because there are details I want to complete before doing so. I'm realizing that the details will never be finished - so I'd better just post what is done.

To Do:
Make pelmet boxes for front room
2nd layer of paint on kitchen cabinets
Install all cabinet doors
Install hardware on cabinets

Without further ado... my constant work in progress

Phase 1: When I bought my home.
Phase 2: My "married" home
Phase 3: My authentic (single) home












I made this pelmet box by following these directions

... Now to start on the basement... :)

9 comments:

Kathrin Paul said...

I love it. Love it! You're amazing!

Kathrin Paul said...

PS I LOVE those pelmet boxes! I've been trying to decide what window treatments I wanted to do in my living room and my bedroom and I think I've found it! They look so easy, too! Thanks for the link!

Unknown said...

I LOVE it, too!
AMAZING.
Keep up the good work!

Texas Boy + SLC Girl said...

You are so DARLING and TALENTED! LOVE it!!!

Harris said...

It looks so good Nat! You should do this for a living!! I have got to ask ya did you do the paint in the living room. IF yes HOW? I want to do that so bad in my house but am not quite sure how to make it look so GOOOD! Way to go girl!

Natalie said...

THANKS EVERYONE! I really love the new energy it has brought into my life. (And would LOVE to find a way to do this for a living).

As for the stripes - I used a pencil, lots of tape, a level and acrylic medium to seal the tape edges before painting. I'm really pleased with the results.

Stevenson Family said...

those stripes are exactly what i wanted to do in audreys room. If i would ever get the paint courage!! I LOVE the new shots. Every shot was an improvement(and it was good to begin with!)

Stevenson Family said...

Oh yes, and my B-room needs to be painted. I've got oak cabinets just waiting for me. What primer/paint did you use? Did you sand down at all or just prime?

Shae said...

you. are. amazing. i LOVE all of the work that you have done!!! everything looks great! i especially love the paint in your front room!!!