5/10/10

Beyond frustrating!

No no no no no no no no!!!! I am so so SO bummed! SO BUMMED! I need to rant. It's either type it out or cry it out, so I'm gonna go with type. You can stop reading now - here I go.

My apple mail has been funky lately, so yesterday I took the initiative to fix it, even though I had no clue what I was doing. I decided to be independent and update it on my own, so I did a little research, read a couple articles then followed the directions, switching from gmail POP to gmail IMAP, hoping that would fix the glitch. Things started to get messy with both accounts going at once, so to avoid confusion I simply deleted my original account. Problem solved.

10 minutes ago I realized that, in doing so, I lost ALL of my drafts! I had been using drafts as a quick (and lazy) method to organize my thoughts and inspiration, and had at least 50 letters in there! Unsent letters to my x during our divorce, meant for my journal, inspirational quotes I had gathered, chats I'd copied and pasted that gave me motivation, ideas for direction in my life and how to be the best mother I can be, quick tips and tricks, links to articles to read, things to blog about, history of events for my journal, quick thoughts on Gracie, etc. I can't even begin to express my disappointment!

Now I show 21,302 unread messages, and I don't even care. I'm DONE messing with things - and just happy to know that NOW my drafts will be saved to a server, instead of just my computer. Lesson learned.

C'est la vie.

3 comments:

Kathrin Paul said...

Oh man, that is so so frustrating! I'm sorry! On a light note, my sister was looking at your blog last night and thinks you're really fantastic.

Josh and Anna said...

Oh no! I hate when stuff like that happens and you know there's NOTHING you can do about it. Sorry Natalie, that sucks so bad!

Lia said...

Oh man. I'm sorry.