2/21/10

Let me count the ways


I love her.
I love how when I growl at her, she growls back
I love how she screams "doggy" each time she sees Riley or Lexi
I love that when I make a new sound with my mouth and she watches with intrigue, and then tries it herself
I love how excited she gets and the way she reaches for me right before I take her out of her crib.
I love the way she says "aaaah-ooooh" when she purposely drops things
I love the way she cuddles against my shoulder when she's tired
I love how she insists on turning the pages every time I read to her
I love moments where we share a fit of laughter , both giggling uncontrollably.
I love how she loses her breath and then giggles when I swing her
I love that she looks right at me as she drops food on the floor, rhythmically, one piece at a time
I love to hear her squeal each time I "chase" her up the stairs
I love how excited she gets each time she hears the Disney sound
I love to hear her contagious laughter when I kiss her neck or raspberry her tummy
I LOVE the way she grabs onto my leg when she wants me to hold her
I love to hear her babble when she wakes up from a nap
I love watching her stare at her fingers, as she moves them in awe
I love watching her discover and learn
I love how proud she is of herself each time she starts plunking the keys on the piano
I love how she squirms when I change her diaper
I love how she plays with my hair when I rock her to sleep
I love hearing her say "momma"
I love to see her "dance" when she hears music
I love her playful squeals when I scare her
I love how she wants to be with me every minute
I love how she looks up at me when I start the vacuum, knowing that I"ll hold and "protect" her
I love dancing with her
I love how she immediately cries and throws a fit when take something away from her
I love the way she holds her hand out to me, fingers spread
I love watching her in a peaceful sleep
...How I love her

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her too and I've never even met her. Come visit!

Unknown said...

She is so sweet! :)

sarefamily said...

Yes, the little things are usually the best things.....

doni said...

What cute pictures. I think babies are the best!

Lia said...

The love a mother feels for her child.....

ditndetes said...

She is beautiful!

Lori said...

I sounds like you're truly loving your Gracie. Thanks for sharing. Her photo shoot is so adorable, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. confession, it's been awhile since I've checked your blog. I'm sorry to hear of your divorce. But girl, you sound like you're taking good care of yourself. Way to go. It looks like you've turned it over to the Lord. Definitely the best way to go. - Aaron wasn't so sure about the 8 kid thing. I'm not the same wonder woman my mom is. I would probably go crazy. But you did guess. I'm 14 weeks pregnant. Right in the middle of the throwing up stage. As you know, so much fun.

BreAnna said...

Sounds like a wondering, learning toddler! I am not however a big fan of the squirmy diaper change. I would love to meet up with you ladies. How about the discovery museum next week?

Cordie said...

Such a Beautiful picture!