2/9/10

Gracie's first step! (yes, STEP)

My baby girl just took her first step! One. Just one. lol

The last few days she's gotten brave and is constantly standing on her own for long periods of time, but she has yet to muster up the courage to take a step. Well I tricked her, and I tricked her good. (Isn't that what every loving mother does? Trick her kids)?

She was standing on her own and I reached out my hand as if I was about to walk with her. She reached for me and I pulled away by just an inch or two. She stepped towards me ALL ON HER OWN, and in that same moment realized what she had done and dropped to her knees, a bit startled at her accomplishment.

I was cheering ecstatically, as she looked at me bewildered, yet slightly pleased with herself.

Would she do it again? No sir. She's smarter than that. "Fool me once..."

I will have to come up with a new trick. Maybe next week.

Stay tuned. :)

9 comments:

Lia said...

What a cutie pie!! And I love those boots!! Congratulations on her first baby step!

Krissy said...

Yay!!! Congrats to you both! It's so much fun. If she doesn't already have one you should get her an activity walker! Mikade loved his and I think it really was the reason he walked a little early!
http://www.babyearth.com/chicco-baby-steps-activity-walker.html

Harris said...

OH yay!! How come that girl is so cute!!! Every time I see her she is even more of a doll!!! That is exciting. let us know when she's got the walk down!!!

Amanda said...

What a great milestone! You should try chocolate. . .it's the way to every woman's heart. :)

Natalie said...

OH AMANDA why didn't I think of that!!! SO TRYING IT! :)

Laura said...

Yay Gracie!! What a huge accomplishment! Way to go Natalie--yes it's just as big a moment for you as it is for her. :)

Taylor's said...

So cute - I could just eat her up!

shirley Harris said...

yay!!! yay!! yay!!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on Gracie's first big step...the first of many! She'll be crusin' in no time!