4/4/10

Saved by Gracie


HOW I LOVE BEING A MOTHER!!! There is nothing in the world that compares to the euphoric and rewarding moments I share with my Gracie. I cherish dancing with her, sharing a silly giggle, watching her eyes light up in discovery, "chasing" her (both of us screaming), and witnessing her every-day small, yet significant, achievements.

By the end of each day I assess my energy, and if I'm not completley worn out then I know I didn't play hard enough. Suffice it to say, surplus energy is not in abundance - but oh, the satisfaction! (You momma's know what I'm talkin' about).

Although my divorce has produced excruciating heartache and disappointment, it has also yielded some marvelous fruit. The ability to give myself entirely to my daughter is one of them. I'm relishing in the lack of necessity to balance love - to juggle meeting her demands while meeting the needs of a husband. Don't get me wrong, I would be most grateful to juggle both, but I trust that there will be a season for that. Until that season arrives (if ever), I'm savoring my one-on-one time with her and feel quite gratified knowing that she's receiving every ounce of my love, affection and devotion. (This isn't to say I'm a hermit. I've created a well-balanced social life, but at the end of the day I have the duty and desire to love only one person. My Gracie).

In pouring myself into her I've discovered an invigorating strength, which has left me with pregnant anticipation for the future.
My ambition has been pricked, and greatness lies ahead. I'm not implying I'm great, rather I've found myself at the bottom of the barrel, with nothing left to give but that darn "greatness" I've never dared pick up. Now, Gracie is my reason to do so.

I'm eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven for entrusting me with her. He knew what was in my future, and he gave me just the "tool" to survive. Not only to survive, but to thrive. I am most literal when I say, "I have been saved by Gracie."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hold on to that sweet little Gracie! I'm so glad that she makes you so happy! :)
Being a Mother is wonderful, hu?

Lia said...

Did you hear the talk today about Mothers? I cried.

Taylor's said...

What a great post . . . I need to regain back that energy . . . I feel like I have lost it since I have had to work.

And see I told you . . . she has always been your "mini-me"

Kathrin Paul said...

Pregnant anticipation? Niiiice.

Kathrin Paul said...

PS that pic is so fantastic. Best tutu ever.

Cordie said...

She is so sweet!!! What a blessing to have her in your life. That picture is beautiful.