8/19/10

Enjoying this season

I was just thinking ...

A year ago, today, my little Gracie turned 6 months old and life was finally starting to feel "normal" again. It was like a breath of fresh air, and an immense burden lifted from my shoulders. You see - my first few months of motherhood were filled with anxiety, something I had never experienced before. This came as a bit of a surprise, but I was determined to overcome it so I began running an hour each day, went on a rigorous diet and started building a new business. My (x)husband was doing his thing (work and a lot of golf) while I was doing mine. It felt healthy, growing independent and strong, while gladly encouraging him to enjoy each day golfing. Most importantly, Gracie had found her routine and I had found mine. Order was restored and I found fulfillment, thanking the Lord daily. Life couldn't have been better.

Today, one year later, I echo those same feelings. I haven't exact direction with my life, but I've found a general routine and, in that routine, daily fulfillment. I can say today, as I did a year ago, that life is finally starting to feel normal again. The last 3 months have gone by quickly, and the last 3 weeks even more so. I enjoy copious blessings and bask in the daily support of loving friends and family. I continue to experience personal growth and self-awareness at a new level, and have gained a certain knowledge of God's love and concern for me. I've experienced love with a man of God, and I now know the strength of being equally yoked. Most importantly... I have a beautiful, healthy, daughter who leaves my heart bursting at the seams every minute of every day - my ineffable joy unfathomable.

The journey may seem never-ending, but the fresh air and lightened burden along the way bring perspective and gratitude to all things. I trust a glorious season awaits... but considering the season I'm in... Life couldn't be any better.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I so love this post.

It was just a few days ago that I kind of had this little "Aha" moment of my own. As summer comes to a close we are starting to get back into a more normal routine and I found myself just loving this point in my life. It's not something I do a lot. I am usually looking forward to things to come. What a great reminder to just take a breath and enjoy the world around us right now. In this very moment.

Sarah said...

Somehow we have to love all the seasons in our life for what they are, the good and the bad. You're doing great at that....I'm still trying! Love you.

Unknown said...

Yes, this post (like all your posts it seems) are wonderful. You are a great woman who teaches all of us how we need to be. You make the best out of everything!

Natalie said...

Let me make one thing clear right now... I'm SO NOT a great woman. lol. I don't always make the best of everything and I haven't enjoyed every moment of "this season," to say the least. Just so ya'll know. ;)

Taylor's said...

I absolutely love your outlook on life - I need to post mine too!